- Preventing food waste on Earth Day and everyday
- The Mississauga Food Bank needs the community to shop its Spring Drive Grocery List
- Under the Big Top – photos from our gala
- Rick Hansen Culinary Program – update
- Clients can grow their own lettuce with Scotts’ growing kits
- Nissan Canada Foundation expands partnership with The Mississauga Food Bank
- National Volunteer Week 2014 – April 6-12
- Shop The Mississauga Food Bank’s Grocery List this spring
- TMFB is getting fresh eggs!
- Food Purchasing Fund
Did you know that all of the food distributed by The Mississauga Food Bank comes from donors?
We need your help to feed our neighbours!
- Organize a food drive! Visit the ‘Organize a Community Event or Food Drive‘ page where you can find all the information you need, download promotional materials, and register your drive to receive collection barrels or schedule a pick-up. We ask all food drives to register so that we can help you and properly recognize your efforts.
- Host a party and collect food for The Mississauga Food Bank. The Birthday Club has great tools to help you throw a party that is fun and helps feed your neighbours. Check out their Roadmap for how to throw a great party.
- Host a Canstruction Competition. Construct giant sized structures from canned food. After the competition the canned food is donated to us. Canstruction competitions are great at workplaces as a team building exercise or at schools as a fun way to get kids involved in giving back!
- Check our list of most needed items. Next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up a few extra items and drop them off at our warehouse, in grocery stores, or at any Mississauga fire hall. To find your closest fire hall, click here.
- If you represent a food manufacturer or distributor and would like to donate food, you play a key role in the success of The Mississauga Food Bank. All large food industry donations must be coordinated in advance through Dawn Pullar, Director of Food Procurement , by email at email@example.com or by phone at 905.270.5589 x224. For more information how to coordinate a large food industry donation, please download and read our Food Donation Guide.
Have you ever wondered where our food comes from?
The food we distribute is regularly evaluated by a nutritionist. Read the most recent Nutrition Report