- Getting food to those who need it most
- Our generous neighbours helped us exceed our Spring Drive goal
- Mississauga Tim Hortons Owners have an appetite to improve the lives of their hungry neighbours
- Meet our new Friend Sponsor – Nissan Canada Foundation
- Chris Hatch honoured with Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Help us reach our Spring Drive goal
- Spring Drive Update
- Spring Drive starts Monday!
- Member Agency Event: Free Seniors Information & Active Living Fair
- Unitarian Congregation Church’s Creative Food Drive!
Organize A Food Drive
How to Organize Your Food Drive:
- Register your food drive using our online form. This allows us to track your drive and recognize your efforts! On this form you can request a pick up or collection barrels. There’s no need to call us; our office will be in touch if you have requested barrels or a pick-up.
- Take a look at out our step-by-step Food Drive Guide. It is filled with lots of great tips to help make your drive a successs!
- Collect your food! Visit our ‘Most Needed Items‘ page for an up-to-date list of items we are in urgent need of.
- Get your food to us!
How to Get Food To Us:
- The best way to get your food donations to us is by dropping it off at one of the locations on our ‘How to Donate‘ page.
- Food pick-up is only available for groups that collect over 300 lbs of food (equivalent to 30+ grocery bags). We still encourage you to drop off your collections even if the amount is 300 lbs or over.
- Food barrels are available to help with food collection. Each barrel holds 300 lbs, so make sure you request the right number of barrels. A barrel will fit in the backseat of a car, so if you are able to pick it up, we appreciate your help in saving resources.
- A barrel is not required, just a tool available to help you collect food. You can also use your own boxes or bags.
How to Promote Your Drive:
- Tell people about your drive including: co-workers, neighbours and schoolmates.
- Use facts about The Mississauga Food Bank to promote your drive. Get facts about us by visiting the ‘Learn‘ section of our website.
- Put up posters! Here are some posters to get you started (in PDF format): Poster One, Poster Two, Poster Three.
- Advertise your drive on Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites.