- Getting food to those who need it most
- Our generous neighbours helped us exceed our Spring Drive goal
- Mississauga Tim Hortons Owners have an appetite to improve the lives of their hungry neighbours
- Meet our new Friend Sponsor – Nissan Canada Foundation
- Chris Hatch honoured with Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Help us reach our Spring Drive goal
- Spring Drive Update
- Spring Drive starts Monday!
- Member Agency Event: Free Seniors Information & Active Living Fair
- Unitarian Congregation Church’s Creative Food Drive!
Top 5 Corporate Donors, Food Drives & Public Collectors
The Mississauga Food Bank would like to thank all of those who made food contributions to help us fight hunger and feed hope here in our community.
Below is a list of the top 5 food donors divided into three categories: corporate, food drive and public collectors. To recognize these donors each will have their corporate logo placed on this page as they are available and signage posted in The Mississauga Food Bank. We will also be sending a letter of thank you listing the total annual donation and a Top 5 Certificate. These listings are updated each June to reflect donations made in the previous fiscal year (June 1-May 31).
Top 5 Corporate Donors
- Alternative Processing Systems Incorporated: 286,040 lbs
- Sobeys Distribution Center: 157,871 lbs
- Maple Leaf Foods: 12,494 lbs
- ConAgra Foods: 11,135 lbs
- La Siembra Co-operative Incorporated: 8,940 lbs
Top 5 Food Drives
- Ontario Provincial Police: 49,690 lbs
- Greater Toronto Apartment Association: 22,780 lbs
- Kuehne & Nagel Limited: 16, 951 lbs
- Walmart Canada Corporation: 11,174 lbs
- Fundastic Fund: 10,451 lbs
Top 5 Public Collectors
- Fire Stations: 85,255 lbs
- Metro: 42,237 lbs
- No Frills: 31,333 lbs
- Loblaws: 23,932 lbs
- Longo’s: 19,779 lbs.