- 3M supports The Mississauga Food Bank
- Kids collect food for TMFB at their birthday parties
- Students sport their jammies for The Mississauga Food Bank
- Your Donations in Action – Families Supporting Families
- Auction Items Needed
- How TMFB works – an infographic overview
- ‘Twas the Bite Results
- Sharing across Ontario – SNAP
- Annual Gala Puts Hunger in Mississauga in the Spotlight
- Closure – February 5, 2014
Leave a Gift in Your Will
A bequest in your will to The Mississauga Food Bank is a wonderful way to use your legacy to help fight hunger and feed hope in our community for years to come. Charitable bequests can have a favourable impact on your overall estate plan and positively affect gifts you make to your loved ones.
Bequests are NOT just for the “wealthy”. Bequests are the one charitable gift that allows you to use charity tax credits against 100% of your income. Not only can you claim 100% but you can also claim the taxes from the previous year as well. You can support The Mississauga Food Bank with little effect on your loved ones’ inheritance.
A proper financial advisor is the key to making an effective estate plan that fulfills your wishes, takes care of those you love and ensures your affairs are concluded in a fair and agreeable manner.
- To read more about Planned Giving and The Mississauga Food Bank, please download the Planned Giving Information Sheet which includes sample bequest language.
- If you have included The Mississauga Food Bank in your estate plans, please let us know so that we can properly thank you. The Gift Confirmation Form ensures we have all the correct information.
For more information, we suggest you consult with your financial advisor or attorney, and then contact Meghan Nicholls at 905.270.5589 x226 or email@example.com.
It is also important to recognize the power of tribute giving as part of an estate plan. Family members are often too distraught to consider the wishes of the deceased and don’t choose any charity at all when printing an obituary. By including your wish list in your estate plan, it could mean life changing gifts in your memory to a charity you love!
For more information, contact Meghan Nicholls at 905.270.5589 x226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.