- Getting food to those who need it most
- Our generous neighbours helped us exceed our Spring Drive goal
- Mississauga Tim Hortons Owners have an appetite to improve the lives of their hungry neighbours
- Meet our new Friend Sponsor – Nissan Canada Foundation
- Chris Hatch honoured with Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Help us reach our Spring Drive goal
- Spring Drive Update
- Spring Drive starts Monday!
- Member Agency Event: Free Seniors Information & Active Living Fair
- Unitarian Congregation Church’s Creative Food Drive!
Other Ways To Give
Round-up your electronic items and recycle them with Think Recycle! Think Recycle is a cost-free environmental fundraising program that will help The Mississauga Food Bank raise funds by collecting unwanted electronics, including cell phones, print cartridges, laptops, and digital cameras, for responsible disposal through refurbishment, recycle and reuse.
How it Works For Companies:
- Visit www.thinkrecycle.com, register and select The Mississauga Food Bank in the “Pay Funds to” section.
- Collect a minimum of 10 electronics (cell phones, print cartridges, laptops, digital cameras) and pack them in a cardboard box.
- Request your pre-paid shipping label online, attach it to your box and send it back to Think Recycle
- The funds you earn will be donated directly to us!
How it Works For Individuals:
- Drop by The Mississauga Food Bank with your donation of electronics, and we’ll take care of the rest!
- If you are interested in recycling a larger volume of items, customized solutions are available.
If you have an end-of-life vehicle, why not donate it through www.charitycar.ca and have the proceeds come to the food bank?! Environmentally-friendly car disposal, a donation to the food bank, and a tax receipt—what could be better?
How it Works:
- Visit www.charitycar.ca and request a vehicle pickup
- Answer questions about your vehicle, such as, color, make or model
- Tansfer the vehicle registration over to your local network member
- Collect the receipt of pick-up for your vehicle
Thinking about having a garage sale? Why not donate your items to us through GiftIt instead? GiftIt is an online aution site for charity. Just like sites, such as Kijiji, people can post there items or services for sale online with the proceeds going to the chairty of your choice. It’s fast, free and simple to use.
How it Works:
- Visit www.gift-it.com, register and select The Mississauga Food Bank as your charity
- Donate your items
- Watch your items be sold online
- The funds your items earn will be donated directly to us, less a small administrative fee
Donate Aeroplan Points
We are pleased to be partnered with Aeroplan Beyond Miles where we can receive Aeroplan points to be redeemed for flights or other rewards. Donations of Aeroplan points will help us in our fundraising efforts.
How it works:
- Visit our page on Aeroplan’s Beyond Miles site
- Click the orange “Donate Now” button
- Login to your Aeroplan account to transfer your points to our account.
If you have questions about any of these giving options please contact our Director of Marketing & Fund Development, Meghan Nicholls, at 905.270.5589 x226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.