How to Get Food
- HungerCount 2014
- 3M supports The Mississauga Food Bank
- Kids collect food for TMFB at their birthday parties
- Students sport their jammies for The Mississauga Food Bank
- Your Donations in Action – Families Supporting Families
- Auction Items Needed
- How TMFB works – an infographic overview
- ‘Twas the Bite Results
- Sharing across Ontario – SNAP
- Annual Gala Puts Hunger in Mississauga in the Spotlight
What You Will Get
Food banks provide a 7-10 day supply of food for each member of your family. We try to offer choice and variety in the food that is provided, based on Canada’s Food Guide. Please keep in mind that your choice of food depends on what is available.
Food Banks Canada has resources available online to help you make nutritious meals for your family on a budget. You can find them on their website www.foodbankscanada.ca.
Also online is a Health Information Center designed to connect Mississauga residents with recommended local health events, programs, videos, library books and other online resources. Visit www.consumerhealthinfo.ca to access consumer health information from credible health care providers or organizations.