- Getting food to those who need it most
- Our generous neighbours helped us exceed our Spring Drive goal
- Mississauga Tim Hortons Owners have an appetite to improve the lives of their hungry neighbours
- Meet our new Friend Sponsor – Nissan Canada Foundation
- Chris Hatch honoured with Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Help us reach our Spring Drive goal
- Spring Drive Update
- Spring Drive starts Monday!
- Member Agency Event: Free Seniors Information & Active Living Fair
- Unitarian Congregation Church’s Creative Food Drive!
Mississauga, ON – October 22, 2012 –The Mississauga Food Bank’s annual Thanksgiving Food and Fundraising Drive was an overall success. The Mississauga community rallied together again to fight hunger by donating their time, funds and food.
The Mississauga Food Bank’s 375 volunteers collected food and financial donations at grocery stores across Mississauga during the Thanksgiving weekend. In total, the organization collected more than 85,000 lbs. of food (5% more than last year) and raised $65,634.
For every $1 donated, The Mississauga Food Bank is able to distribute three meals. That means the financial contributions collected from this drive will allow the food bank to provide 196,902 meals to hungry Mississauga residents. The plan is to expand the Thanksgiving Drive next year by adding grocery stores at high traffic locations so that more food can be collected for those in need.
According to Chris Hatch, Executive Director of The Mississauga Food Bank, “The generosity of this community never ceases to amaze me. On behalf of our 65,000 clients that benefit from this support, I would like to thank the Mississauga community for their continued compassion.”
No Comments »
No comments yet.