- Mississauga soldiers collecting food and cash at local grocery stores for The Mississauga Food Bank
- Holiday Volunteer Opportunities
- Win a Free iPad Air!
- Food Bank Families in Mississauga to Get More Milk Starting This Week
- Get Ready For ‘Twas the Bite Before Christmas
- The Mississauga Food Bank Launches its 2013 Holiday Food and Fundraising Drive
- Buy a Rotary Christmas Hamper for a hungry family
- Farmers’ Tax Credit for Food Bank Donations Becomes Law
- Hunger Count 2013
Volunteer groups can now schedule themselves for upcoming volunteer shifts.
What do our volunteers do?
Every day, our dedicated volunteers positively impact the lives of those living with hunger in our community. To say that The Mississauga Food Bank could not function without our volunteers is an understatement – their commitment is immeasurable and invaluable. Members of our community invest more than 13,000 hours every year, helping us to fight hunger and feed hope in Mississauga.
Volunteers help us by:
- Doing various tasks in the warehouse: sorting food, picking agency orders, cleaning/organizing – the jobs posted on our white board are different every day!
- Staffing our reception desk
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Providing support at special events
- Organizing food drives
- Contributing as a member of our Board of Directors and other committees
Questions about volunteering should be directed to email@example.com or 905.270.5589.
**Please note that we are no longer able to accept court-ordered volunteers and will not be providing letters confirming hours served for mandated/court-ordered volunteer service. NO EXCEPTIONS.