- Getting food to those who need it most
- Our generous neighbours helped us exceed our Spring Drive goal
- Mississauga Tim Hortons Owners have an appetite to improve the lives of their hungry neighbours
- Meet our new Friend Sponsor – Nissan Canada Foundation
- Chris Hatch honoured with Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Help us reach our Spring Drive goal
- Spring Drive Update
- Spring Drive starts Monday!
- Member Agency Event: Free Seniors Information & Active Living Fair
- Unitarian Congregation Church’s Creative Food Drive!
Volunteer groups can now schedule themselves for upcoming volunteer shifts.
What do our volunteers do?
Every day, our dedicated volunteers positively impact the lives of those living with hunger in our community. To say that The Mississauga Food Bank could not function without our volunteers is an understatement – their commitment is immeasurable and invaluable. Members of our community invest more than 13,000 hours every year, helping us to fight hunger and feed hope in Mississauga.
Volunteers help us by:
- Doing various tasks in the warehouse: sorting food, picking agency orders, cleaning/organizing – the jobs posted on our white board are different every day!
- Staffing our reception desk
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Providing support at special events
- Organizing food drives
- Contributing as a member of our Board of Directors and other committees
Questions about volunteering should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.270.5589.
**Please note that we are no longer able to accept court-ordered volunteers and will not be providing letters confirming hours served for mandated/court-ordered volunteer service. NO EXCEPTIONS.