- New culinary arts program turns food bank ingredients into healthy dishes for our hungry neighbours
- HungerCount 2014
- 3M supports The Mississauga Food Bank
- Kids collect food for TMFB at their birthday parties
- Students sport their jammies for The Mississauga Food Bank
- Your Donations in Action – Families Supporting Families
- Auction Items Needed
- How TMFB works – an infographic overview
- ‘Twas the Bite Results
- Sharing across Ontario – SNAP
Volunteer groups can now schedule themselves for upcoming volunteer shifts.
What do our volunteers do?
Every day, our dedicated volunteers positively impact the lives of those living with hunger in our community. To say that The Mississauga Food Bank could not function without our volunteers is an understatement – their commitment is immeasurable and invaluable. Members of our community invest more than 13,000 hours every year, helping us to fight hunger and feed hope in Mississauga.
Volunteers help us by:
- Doing various tasks in the warehouse: sorting food, picking agency orders, cleaning/organizing – the jobs posted on our white board are different every day!
- Staffing our reception desk
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Providing support at special events
- Organizing food drives
- Contributing as a member of our Board of Directors and other committees
Questions about volunteering should be directed to email@example.com or 905.270.5589.
**Please note that we are no longer able to accept court-ordered volunteers and will not be providing letters confirming hours served for mandated/court-ordered volunteer service. NO EXCEPTIONS.