What do our volunteers do?
Every day, our dedicated volunteers positively impact the lives of those living with hunger in our community. To say that The Mississauga Food Bank could not function without our volunteers is an understatement – their commitment is immeasurable and invaluable. Members of our community invest more than 10,000 hours every year, helping us to fight hunger and feed hope in Mississauga.
Register On Our Calendar
Volunteers help us by:
- Doing various tasks in the warehouse: sorting food, picking agency orders, cleaning/organizing – the jobs are different every day!
- Staffing our reception desk
- Assisting with administrative tasks
- Providing support at special events
- Organizing food drives
- Contributing as a member of our Board of Directors and other committees
Notes for Students:
- 16 and 17-year-olds can volunteer for any available shift as long as they have a signed consent form from their guardian. The consent form is available online after registering for a shift.
- Youth 15 and under can volunteer for our Wednesday evening youth/family shift when they bring their own adult supervision. Youth 15 and under MUST be accompanied by a parent/guardian/adult at a ratio of at least 1 adult for every 5 youth. Special event shifts, including collecting food at grocery stores and parade participation, are also open to supervised youth 15 and under.
- Students requiring volunteer hours as part of school curriculum may sign up for volunteer activities that are available on our calendar for their age group. A summary of hours served can be printed from the volunteer registration system, or documents can be signed on completion of all shift(s)
**Please note that we do not accept court-ordered volunteers and will not be providing letters confirming hours served for mandated/court-ordered volunteer service. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Questions about volunteering can be directed to Sharbani Khan, Volunteer and Administrative Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905.270.5589 x221.
Volunteer Opportunities at our Member Agencies:
Seva Food Bank - http://www.sevafoodbank.com/volunteer/