- Mississauga soldiers collecting food and cash at local grocery stores for The Mississauga Food Bank
- Holiday Drive Update
- Holiday Volunteer Opportunities
- Food Bank Families in Mississauga to Get More Milk Starting This Week
- Get Ready For ‘Twas the Bite Before Christmas
- The Mississauga Food Bank Launches its 2013 Holiday Food and Fundraising Drive
- Buy a Rotary Christmas Hamper for a hungry family
- Farmers’ Tax Credit for Food Bank Donations Becomes Law
- Hunger Count 2013
The Mississauga Food Bank would like to join in celebrating World Food Day. On October 16 each year we mark the founding of the Conference of the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations. It is a day celebrated globally by organizations, agencies, business and individuals working with hunger and poverty. The aim is to raise awareness of these issues. At The Mississauga Food Bank we would like to call attention to the fight against hunger happening right here in our own backyard. With 65,000 Mississauga residents accessing our 154 food programs each month, we work hard to keep up with the demand for food here in our own community.
To find out how you can help visit the ‘Donate‘ section of our website.
No Comments »
No comments yet.