Come together with your loved ones and give back in an easy and meaningful way in support of Mayor Crombie’s 2022 Holiday Food Drive!
Join us on Saturday, December 17, at The Mississauga Food Bank between 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to deliver your donation box and celebrate the season at our Holiday Drive-Thru Food Drive!
How does it work?
- Download our 12 Days of Giving calendar and shopping list.
- Each day between December 1 – 12, add one of our most needed food or household items to a box.
- Deliver your donation box to The Mississauga Food Bank on Saturday, December 17 between 10:00 a.m and 1:00 p.m. at our Holiday Drive-Thru Food Drive.
- Want us to do the shopping for you? Make a monetary donation or host a fundraiser! The Mississauga Food Bank will purchase fresh and healthy food on your behalf to support your hungry neighbours. Click here to donate now.
For more festive fun, decorate your donation box to spread holiday cheer and drop it off at our Drive-Thru event in support of Mayor Crombie’s Holiday Food Drive!
12 Days of Giving shopping list:
- Cooking oil 7. Baby food
- Peanut butter 8. Juice packs
- Pasta sauce 9. Rice
- Canned fruit 10. Flour
- Canned vegetables 11. Canned tuna
- Chickpeas/Lentils 12. Dried beans
Who does the 12 Days of Giving benefit?
By participating in our 12 Days of Giving, you will ensure that everyone in Mississauga has healthy and appropriate food to share around their holiday table.
46% of food bank users in Mississauga have gone into debt to buy food. For these vulnerable neighbours, the rising cost of living means they will have to choose between buying food and paying for other necessities.
By joining us in the fight against hunger, you will give a neighbour peace of mind and hope for the future.