This week, we’ve decided to mix things up! Here are some ideas of different or unusual food drives to End Summer Hunger:
- Garage sale – Have some summer cleaning that you haven’t gotten around to yet? Gather your friends and collect items as you would for a garage sale – with one twist. Ask people to pay with food or donations that support the food bank. You could even drop off the leftover items to a donation centre. It’s a great way to give away things you don’t need anymore and support your neighbours: a garage sale for a good cause!
- Beyond food drive – Many of your neighbours are in need of donations like baby food and formula, household, and personal care items. Running a “Beyond Food Drive,” is a great way to collect these items for people in need! You can ask your friends and neighbours to donate the following:
- Baby: baby food and formula
- Household: garbage bags, cling wrap, laundry detergent, dish detergent, etc.
- Personal: shampoo, soap, deodorant, feminine hygiene products, razors, etc.
Feel free to get creative with how you run this drive. These donations can really go a long way!
- Donate your holiday – If you’re planning on celebrating an upcoming birthday, anniversary, or occasion, then consider asking your guests for a donation to the End Summer Hunger campaign as your present. You’ll also have another reason to celebrate!
- Game Night – Who knew that fundraising could be this fun? Find a space and ask your friends to bring their own board games, video games, or any kind of game. Have people donate a certain amount to participate. You can even take it to the next level and organize a tournament or top off the night with snacks or prizes!