This Ramadan, join the Give 30 movement and help feed your hungry neighbours!
April 2 – May 2
Ramadan is a time for empathy, compassion, and giving. Let’s come together in the spirit of Ramadan to help feed hungry children, seniors, families, and neighbours across Mississauga.
The first $30,000 donated will DOUBLE to feed twice as many neighbours! That means for every $1 you donate, your donation will be doubled to give healthy food for 4 meals to a hungry neighbour thanks to an anonymous donor.
Because of you, we are able to provide healthy food for almost 500,000 meals every month. That’s a 25% increase compared to the amount of food distributed pre-pandemic! With your support, we can continue to be a lifeline for hungry neighbours this Ramadan and beyond.
Here’s how you can support Give 30 this year:
- Make a financial donation! $50 provides food for 100 meals x 2 with the match to equal 200 meals!
- Host a food drive to collect the most needed and urgently needed items for emergency hampers.
- Set up a Ramadan fundraiser or consider hosting a virtual iftar to raise funds.
- Challenge yourself to give up something for 30 days (eg coffee, sugar, etc.) to show your solidarity.
- Send and tag us on photos and videos of your family participating in our Give 30 campaign and you could be included in our social media posts!
- Spread the word! Your advocacy can inspire others to join the fight against hunger. Be sure to tag us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or TikTok.
Food donations can be brought directly to The Mississauga Food Bank at 3121 Universal Drive
or dropped off at any local fire station in Mississauga. Click here for more details.
Organize a Fundraiser or Contactless Food Drive
You can start a fundraiser or a food drive!
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Register your fundraiser or food drive.
- Thinking of Hosting an Iftar Fundraiser or Food Drive? Click here for more information.
- Check out our resources page for downloadable posters, and fundraising ideas. There are creative ways to fundraise and host food drives in-person or virtually.
- Raise money and food in support of The Mississauga Food Bank!
- Get your donations to the food bank by May 2, 2022 and Spread the word – Share updates with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok or LinkedIn and don’t forget to tag us!
If you have any questions, please contact Shelita at 905.270.5589 ext. 237 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Give 30?
Join the Give 30 movement!
Give 30 encourages everyone, regardless of faith, to show empathy for those who face food insecurity by donating to local food banks. If you’re fasting during the month of Ramadan, consider donating the money saved by abstaining from food or drink during daylight hours to feed your neighbours in need.
Give 30 also encourages those who do not partake in Ramadan to donate as well. Instead of fasting, it could be money saved by eating lunch or making coffee at home rather than dining out.
Spring brings about different celebrations for our community, but the one thing that unites us all is food. However you celebrate this spring, please think of your neighbours in need.
Give 30 Resources
You can help promote our Give 30 campaign this Ramadan by downloading and sharing these resources.
Give 30 Food Drive General Poster
Give 30 Food Drive Corporate Challenge Poster
Give 30 Food Drive Community Challenge Poster
Give 30 Food Drive School Challenge Poster
Most Needed Household Items Poster
Social Media Graphics: