We know that the week can be long. That’s why for this #MightyMeals, we’re showing you a simple recipe for a Vegetarian Indian Curry to help you start your week strong and carry on! This meal is both tasty and affordable, at only $1.25 /serving!
Vegetarian Indian Curry: 4 Servings
- 3 tbsp Butter – can substitute for oil. ($0.93)
- 2 tbsp Garam Masala ($0.55)
- 1/2 Onion, diced ($0.10)
- 3 Garlic Cloves, diced ($0.02)
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger or 1/2 tbsp Ground Ginger ($0.15)
- 1 can Crushed Tomatoes ($0.98)
- 1 can Chickpeas ($0.88)
- 1 cup 35% cream or 1 cup of yogurt ($1.50)
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (optional)
- Heat a medium-sized sauce pot on low heat.
- Soften diced onion for 3-5 minutes.
- Add diced garlic and ginger to the sauce pot and continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate frying pan, toast the spice and cayenne.
- Add toasted spice mix into the sauce pot.
- Add canned tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add cream and reduce it to a thick consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with basmati rice, naan or roti.