It takes all of us to feed our hungry neighbours. And with Thanksgiving just around the corner, YOU can get involved by running a food drive or fundraiser! Your support will help feed the thousands of individuals and families that rely on the Mississauga Food Bank each day. We’ve compiled some quick resources for you to take action and run your own initiative:
- Check our Food Drive Guidelines and Step-by-Step Guide to get started!
- Get Creative! To inspire you, here are links to some fun food drive ideas we shared as part of our End Summer Hunger campaign:
- Set Fundraising Goals and organize the logistics of dropping off donations. Check out some of our resources to help support you.
- Make sure to register your event here.
Now that you know the basics, you’re ready to take action by hosting a food drive or fundraiser! Here are some “food-raising” tips to keep in mind as you help feed your hungry neighbours:
- Partnerships go a long way: Work with a venue or ask a local business to help out with organizing an event. Whether it’s accessing a free space or renting materials, there are many resources to help you get your food drive together – all you have to do is ask!
- Get the word out about your event: Once you’ve set the date, time, and theme, put together a poster or event page. Send it to your friends and family and ask people to share the event online or in the community.
- Consider fundraising online: Online donations are much easier to manage than heavy cans and boxes and for every $1 you raise, we can distribute food for 2 meals!
Share photos of your food drive by tagging us @themississaugafoodbank on Instagram or @Food_Bank on Twitter. We can’t wait to see all the creative ways our community fights hunger this Thanksgiving!