The Food Bank 2 Home Assistant will support the Food Bank 2 Home Coordinator in the management of the Food Bank 2 Home delivery program.
- Emails clients’ information to volunteer drivers for the daily deliveries
- Follows up on new clients registrations, collects client information, completes order form and ensures the new clients becomes aware of the guidelines of the program
- Coordinates new client delivery day and route
- Emails the required additional driver shifts to Volunteer Coordinator
- Ensures the FB2H client information binder is always up to date
- Follows up with missed deliveries or any delivery issues
- Notifies packaging leaders about any delivery cancellations
- Enters all deliveries into Link2Feed
- Must be 18 years or older*
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Punctual and dependable with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills – Ability to use Excel, Word and other databases
- Familiar with Mississauga streets and neighbourhoods
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude
- Previous administrative and/or leadership experience considered an asset
The Mississauga Food Bank, 3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga, ON
One 3-hour shift/week Monday, 9:30 am to noon.
We are looking for a volunteer to commit to this role and shift for 6 months to a year .