Assist The Mississauga Food Bank AquaGrow Farm Coordinator in growing and distributing thousands of servings of fresh produce and protein every year to feed our hungry neighbours!
- Assist the AquaGrow Farm Volunteer Leader in many of the day-to-day duties on the farm, including feeding the fish as well as harvesting and packaging greens.
- Maintain and clean components within the farm to ensure a bio-secure environment.
- Perform additional duties as assigned, as daily tasks are determined based on the growing cycle and a monthly schedule of the farm.
- 18 years or older with a respect for biosecurity protocols.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Willing to handle and work humanely with plants and live animals.
- Previous leadership experience considered an asset.
- Keen interest in biodiversity and innovative programs considered an asset.
- Vulnerable Police Check.
- Provide 2 references.
- Provide proof of 2nd shot vaccination.
AquaGrow Farm Coordinator.
The Mississauga Food Bank office – 3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga, ON.
Any day from Monday to Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Grow food for hungry neighbours on behalf of The Mississauga Food Bank. Build valuable experience in aquaculture and develop your technical skills while making a difference in your community.
We value the contributions of our volunteers, so we have a professional work space, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with all the tea or coffee you can drink!