Connect with your team and support our community
Since the pandemic began, we’ve seen a record number of food bank visits in Mississauga and will require additional support from volunteers to keep up with demand. Join us to reconnect with your team during a volunteer shift at The Mississauga Food Bank. Volunteers will sort food and prepare deliveries for our Food Bank 2 Home program.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy:
The Mississauga Food Bank is committed to providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of recognized hazards to safeguard the health and well-being of staff and their families, volunteers, clients, and others who spend time in our facility from the risks associated with COVID-19.
Effective September 7, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
To read the full policy, click here. If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As recommended by Health Canada and the World Health Organization, we have implemented guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19 including:
- Increased sanitation
- Physical distancing
- Reduced building capacity
- PPE for staff and volunteers
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, do not visit The Mississauga Food Bank if you have:
- Travelled abroad within the past 14 days.
- Been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, a high temperature, cough, or sore throat.
If you already have a shift booked and wish to re-schedule it for a later date, please notify your point of contact at The Mississauga Food Bank.
- Shifts are 2.5 to 3 hours long.
- Shifts are available from Monday to Thursday from 9:30 a.m. 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- A maximum of 6 people can volunteer per shift.
- Volunteers will sort food and prepare deliveries for our Food Bank 2 Home program.