Is this role for you?
Do you want to volunteer behind-the-scenes in an organization with a vision of a Mississauga where no one goes hungry?
Do you enjoy speaking on the phone and do you display exceptional customer service? If so, this role is for you! As the Donor Ambassador you will remotely assist The Mississauga Food Bank in thanking our valuable donors.
- Make thank you phone calls to new and loyal individual donors (no solicitation or cold calling)
- Use your best judgement to determine whether to engage in further conversation
- Document conversation notes and/or updated constituent information
- Answer questions where possible
- Understand and uphold The Mississauga Food Bank’s confidentiality guidelines to protect donor privacy
- 18 years old or older
- Ability to work remotely
- Passionate about The Mississauga Food Bank’s mission and enthusiastic about making a difference
- A positive, warm and friendly demeanour
- Mature and reliable
- Enjoy speaking with others by phone and the ability to convey sincere gratitude over the phone
- Computer skills including MS Office
- Experience or a keen interest in fundraising is an asset
- 3-4 hours a week, 6 month commitment
As a volunteer you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience working at a non-profit organization and on a fundraising team. You will gain professional skills and experience while making a difference in your community. In addition, we would be pleased to provide you:
- Networking opportunities with other passionate volunteers and staff members
- Ongoing training and guidance from your supervisor