Event volunteers are enthusiastic and outgoing individuals who enjoy talking with a diverse population and can, without difficulty, encourage people to contribute to The Mississauga Food Bank.
These shifts are 3-4 hours long.
Event Volunteers need to:
- Dress for the weather,
- Wear comfortable walking shoes,
- Bring your reusable bottled water,
- Plan your trip in advance.
Event Volunteers generally help with:
- Setting up a booth and handing out materials
- Handing out food drive bags to people
- Asking grocery shoppers to purchase/donate most needed food items
- Asking people to make a cash donation to support The Mississauga Food Bank.