Assist The Mississauga Food Bank (TMFB) with carrying out minor repairs and maintenance of property and furnishings.
- Paint lines on the pavement outside building to indicate social distancing.
- Clean up debris outside the building.
- Hang up whiteboards in offices as needed.
- Create safe distancing lines using yellow tape in the shipping/receiving area.
- Organize storage room.
- Build carts and furniture as needed.
- Identify and report the need for other repairs.
- Other similar duties as required.
Important Note: Tools and resources needed to accomplish the task will be provided.
- 18 years old or older.
- Able to lift 30-50 pounds.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety guidelines.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Previous experience with basic maintenance tasks.
- Knowledge in carpentry, painting, and home repairs.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good time management and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
The Mississauga Food Bank Office – 3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga, ON
On call – Needs to be available for 3 hours any day from Monday to Friday.
- The rewarding and invaluable position that supports The Mississauga Food Bank.
- Build connections with TMFB staff.
- Obtain volunteer hours
We value the contributions of our volunteers, so we have a professional workspace, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with all the tea or coffee you can drink!