Assist The Mississauga Food Bank in delivering food to clients who experience mobility barriers that hinder or prevent them from accessing their neighbourhood food bank.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 7, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. To read the full policy, click here.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email food bank users’ information to volunteer drivers for the daily deliveries.
- Follow up on new food bank users registrations, collect food bank user information, complete order forms, and ensure the new users become aware of the guidelines of the program.
- Call the food bank users for delivery confirmations.
- Email the required additional driver shifts to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ensure the Food Bank 2 Home user information binder is always up to date.
- Follow up with missed deliveries or any delivery issues.
- Notifies packaging leaders about any delivery cancellations.
- Enters all deliveries into Link2Feed food banks user attendance system.
- Must be 18 years or older*
- Excellent phone etiquette while being compassionate.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Punctual and dependable with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – Ability to use Google suite and CRM database.
- Familiar with Mississauga streets and neighbourhoods.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Previous administrative and/or leadership experience is considered an asset.
Food Bank 2 Home Coordinator.
The Mississauga Food Bank office – 3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga, ON
One 4-hour shift for one day between Monday – Thursday.
One half-day mandatory in-person training session provided. Ongoing, hands-on training and support.
Take a leadership role in delivering food to hungry neighbours on behalf of The Mississauga Food Bank. Build valuable experience and develop your social service skills while making a difference in your community.
We value the contributions of our volunteers, so we have a professional workspace, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with all the tea or coffee you can drink!