Assist The Mississauga Food Bank in delivering food to clients who experience mobility barriers that hinder or prevent them from accessing their neighbourhood food bank.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Punctual and dependable with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills – Ability to use Excel, Word, and CRM databases.
- Familiar with Mississauga streets and neighbourhoods.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Previous administrative and/or leadership experience considered an asset.
- Sign up new clients to the program, collect client information, complete the food order form, and ensure the new client becomes aware of the guidelines of the program.
- Enter new client information on Salesforce and Link2Feed.
- Ensures the Food Bank 2 Home (FB2H) client food order form binder is always up to date.
- Follows up with missed deliveries or any delivery issues.
- Enters all deliveries into Link2Feed.
- Complete additional tasks as assigned by Food Bank 2 Home Coordinator.
Food Bank 2 Home Coordinator.
The Mississauga Food Bank’s office.
3121 Universal Drive. Mississauga, ON.
One 3-hour shift/week Wednesday afternoon from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
One-hour in-person training session provided. Ongoing, hands-on training and support.
Take a leadership role in delivering food to hungry neighbours on behalf of The Mississauga Food Bank. Build valuable experience and develop your social service skills while making a difference in your community.
We value the contributions of our volunteers, so we have a professional workspace, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with all the tea or coffee you can drink!