The lead packer volunteer will supervise a team of volunteer packers as they prepare food deliveries for participants of the Food Bank 2 Home delivery program.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 7, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. To read the full policy, click here.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Duration: 6 months – 1 year commitment
- Time commitment:
- Monday 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. or
- Wednesday 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. or
- Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Review client information including their food needs and allergies
- Lead 2 volunteer packers and provide them with clear direction and support
- Prepare food bags, including labeling each bag with the client name
- Inquire with warehouse staff about available frozen and fresh produce and once instructed add to the food bags (produce can be added directly to the order, while frozen meat should remain in the freezer until delivery)
- Place the cupboard food order each Monday using an online order form (password will be provided)
- Welcome volunteer drivers and assist them with loading their cars
- 18 years or older
- Ability to lead others
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Punctual and dependable
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude
- Experience handling or knowledge of, various food products considered an asset
- Able to lift 10-30 pounds
Health and Safety
- Due to health and safety regulations, volunteers are not permitted to use equipment
- Closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times
- Earphones are not permitted in warehouse
- Phone calls are permitted in the volunteer lounge only
- Deliver food to hungry neighbours on behalf of TMFB
- Build valuable experience and develop your social service skills while making a difference in your community