Are you interested in taking your leadership skills to the next level? Join The Mississauga Food Bank as a Food Sorting Lead Volunteer, and help make sure food sorting volunteers are ready to tackle hunger!
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 7, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. To read the full policy, click here.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email email@example.com.
Sort food for hungry neighbours on behalf of The Mississauga Food Bank. Build valuable experience and develop leadership and communication skills while making a difference in your community.
- Assist with hosting corporate groups.
- Provide orientation to new volunteers on a one-on-one basis.
- Follow directions from Warehouse Operations Volunteer Lead.
- Ensure new volunteers become aware of The Mississauga Food Bank’s health and safety policies.
- Introduce the Best Before Date board and food packaging procedures.
- Support and organize volunteers effectively according to tasks and quantities of food.
- Maintain cleanliness of the sorting and storage areas.
- 18 years or older, with a mature and positive attitude.
- Able to manually lift 20-40 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Able to follow the directions of the Warehouse Operations Volunteer Lead and communicate instructions clearly.
- Caring and committed, with a demonstrated passion to further The Mississauga Food Bank’s mission.
- Previous public speaking or leadership experience is an asset.
- Experience handling, or knowledge of, various food products is an asset.
- COVID-19 Vaccine required.
Warehouse Operations Volunteer Lead.
The Mississauga Food Bank, 3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga, ON, L4X 2E2
- One 3-hour shift/week minimum.
Ongoing, hands-on training and support. This position will require you to stand for long periods of time. Closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times. Earphones are not permitted in the warehouse.
Cell phone use is permitted in the volunteer lounge only.