Assist The Mississauga Food Bank with sorting food donations in their warehouse.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 7, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. To read the full policy, click here.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email email@example.com.
- Sort and pack food donations according to best before dates, package integrity, and food type.
- Build, pack, label, scan, and stack food boxes, recycle packaging materials, bale cardboard, etc.
- Clean up the food sorting area with fellow volunteers at the end of the shift.
- To volunteer without an accompanying adult, you must be 16 years or older.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes such as boots or running shoes.
- Youth between 12 and 15 years can volunteer if accompanied by an adult.
- Both the adults and children must be booked for the shift.
- Ability to stand for 2 to 4 hours.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.