The purpose of this role is to assist The Mississauga Food Bank (TMFB) in delivering food to clients who experience mobility barriers that hinder or prevent them from accessing their neighbourhood food bank.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Participate in the initial 1.5-hour training/orientation
- Possess a working cell phone
- Ability to lift 20-35 lbs
- Arrive on time at TMFB’s warehouse to set up the TMFB Cupboard and assist the warehouse team in stocking fresh produce
- Create delivery routes for drivers based on postal codes, print them and provide to drivers
- Manage the day’s home deliveries by providing all necessary information to drivers
- Ensure smooth delivery by providing drivers with complete schedule/route information
- Must be 18 years or older*
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Punctual and dependable with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills – Ability to use Excel, Word and other databases
- Familiar with Mississauga streets and neighbourhoods
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude
- Previous administrative and/or leadership experience considered an asset
One 3-hour shift/week either Monday (1:00 pm to 3:00 pm) or Wednesday
(6:00 pm to 8:00 pm) or both days.
Duration: 6 Months up to a year.
One-hour mandatory in-person training session provided. Ongoing, hands-on training and support.