This key volunteer role makes sure that the office can run smoothly and supports critical functions. Volunteers who can serve one or more half day shifts per week on a consistent basis are preferred.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 7, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. To read the full policy, click here.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maintain a neat and tidy reception area
- Welcome clients and visitors with professionalism
- Handle incoming calls and emails, prioritize and route them appropriately including contacts from those looking for emergency food support
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Complete general admin tasks when needed such as preparing mailings or entering survey data
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
- Must have business-level verbal and written English skills
- Relevant level of education and/or experience
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated comfort in working with all people in varied circumstances
- Ability to communicate with respect for the privacy and dignity of those seeking emergency food support
- Exceptional organizational skills
Training will be provided.
1 Shift a week (Any day from Monday to Friday), and 6 months commitment required.