This key volunteer role makes sure that the office can run smoothly and supports critical functions. In this role, you will:
- Attend a neat and tidy reception area
- Welcome clients and visitors with professionalism
- Handle incoming calls and emails, prioritize and route them appropriately including contacts from those looking for emergency food support
- Handle all incoming and outgoing mail
- Complete general admin tasks when needed such as preparing mailings or entering survey data
Volunteers who can serve one or more half day shift per week on a consistent basis are preferred.
- Must have business-level verbal and written English skills
- Relevant level of education and/or experience
- Computer literacy
- Demonstrated comfort in working with all people in varied circumstances
- Ability to communicate with respect for privacy and dignity of those seeking emergency food support
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older
Training will be provided.
1 Shift a week, and 6 months commitment required.