The purpose of this role is to assist The Mississauga Food Bank (TMFB) in ensuring fresh and high-quality food is distributed to our clients.
- Must be 18 Years or older
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs
- Learn frozen food quality guidelines
- Clean and disinfect work area prior to bringing the food
- Perform cursory checks of frozen food quality
- Separate good product from the product that needs to be composted
- Maintain sorting and storage areas on a frequent basis to ensure cleanliness
- Follow all directions of warehouse staff
- Reliable and punctual
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude
- Experience handling or knowledge of, frozen food products considered an asset
One shift/week every Tuesdays and Thursday from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Duration: 2 hours a week for 6 months
Important Consideration: Closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times. Gloves and any other protective equipment needed will be provided. Anyone with food allergies, please be advised you will be potentially exposed to all types of food.