Assist The Mississauga Food Bank (TMFB) with timely delivery of food to predetermined customers on specific routes, reviewing orders prior to delivery, loading and unloading the truck, and providing exceptional customer service to our client base.
- 18 years or older and able to manually lift up to 50+ lbs.
- D-Z license.
- 3+ years of heavy experience.
- Provide a clean driver’s abstract.
- Provide a resume.
- Complete a driving test with one of The Mississauga Food Bank trucks.
- A walkie rider Low Lift safety certification considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Experience handling or knowledge of, various food products considered an asset.
- Conduct inspections of vehicles before departing to deliver goods.
- Pack and load products onto trucks according to TMFB’s specifications.
- Pick up/deliver donations throughout Mississauga. Pickups may include groceries. store donation bins, fire stations, schools, corporate food drives, shipping docks, etc.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the warehouse manager.
- Unload food picked up at TMFB warehouse.
- Report all unsafe situations, practices, and/or equipment to the Warehouse Manager.
The Mississauga Food Bank Office – 3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga, ON.
Optimize The Mississauga Food Bank’s warehouse operations. Build valuable experience and develop your food knowledge and organizational skills while making a difference in your community.
We value the contributions of our volunteers, so we have a professional work space, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with all the tea or coffee you can drink!