Assist the Warehouse Operator with all areas of food operations, food movement and warehouse maintenance. This is an opportunity that requires minimum 3 hours a week for a 3 to 6 month commitment.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 7, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. To read the full policy, click here.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wednesday and/or Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- 3 to 6 month commitment
- Work as part of a team to assess quality control, and sort and record food items. This will involve checking food quality, ‘Use By’ and ‘Best Before’ dates, categorizing, and recording of food.
- Work as part of a team to pick and pack food orders for community agencies
- Ensure the required activities have been completed on the cleaning schedule at the end of each shift.
- Help with order picking, loading, and unloading the trucks.
- Pick agency orders in advance of shipping/pick up deadline, ensuring orders are stored properly until shipped
- Inspect orders just prior to shipping/ pick up to ensure product quality, proper skid stacking/wrapping, and obtain a secondary final inspection before releasing
- Immediately report all unsafe situations, practices, and or equipment to Warehouse Operator
- An interest in / understanding of a variety of food products is helpful.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills are essential to this role.
- Must be physically fit and aware of own ability especially when lifting and loading.
- Ability to manually lift up to 50lbs
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment, and to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to self-supervise, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Training relevant to the role will be provided onsite
- Gain experience in the food industry, warehousing and customer service.