Assists the operations department with warehouse daily cleaning and housekeeping. The volunteer is responsible for supplementing general warehouse cleaning. Tasks include sweeping, washing, and dusting the warehouse.
Volunteers in this position must be flexible and not afraid of getting dirty. Must wear appropriate clothing for cleaning.
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective September 7, 2021 – All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before volunteering. Volunteers are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after receiving the second dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. To read the full policy, click here.
If you have questions or a written, approved medical exemption from the vaccine, please email email@example.com.
- Dust non-operating machinery.
- Dust partitions and walls.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Wipe down upright racking. Empty trash bins.
- Clean and sanitize production tables and stools.
- Run cardboard compactor.
- Other light cleaning duties as needed.
- Report all unsafe situations, practices, and equipment to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 18 years or older and able to manually lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills as well as the ability to follow procedures.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Experience working in a warehouse will be an asset.
- Ability to lift, bend, stretch and crouch when cleaning.
- Experience using an industrial floor scrubber will be an asset.
The Mississauga Food Bank warehouse – 3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga, ON
One 3-hour shift/week (Monday to Friday)
Minimum from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Ongoing, hands-on training and support.
Optimize The Mississauga Food Bank’s warehouse operations. Build valuable experience and develop your food knowledge and organizational skills while making a difference in your community.
We value the contributions of our volunteers, so we have a professional work space, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with all the tea or coffee you can drink!