November 14 – January 6, 2022
This holiday season, give fresh food and hope to your hungry neighbours in Mississauga
by supporting Mayor Crombie’s 2022 Holiday Food Drive. Together we can raise $1,700,000 and 450,000 pounds of food this holiday season!
45% of Mississauga residents who live below the poverty line accessed support from The Mississauga Food Bank network last year, which is almost double what we saw the year before.
Gather your team and join Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge to raise funds and food for neighbours in need. For every dollar donated, The Mississauga Food Bank will be able to provide healthy and appropriate food for 1 meal to neighbours in need across the city through our network of over 50 agencies.
What is the Corporate Challenge?
Mayor Crombie would like to invite you to participate in her annual citywide food drive in support of The Mississauga Food Bank taking place from November 14 through January 6, 2023.
Mississauga based companies participating in Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge will compete against each other to raise the most funds and/or food for The Mississauga Food Bank. This is a terrific opportunity to give your staff a meaningful, engaging way to give back to children, seniors, families, and to help neighbours experiencing hunger in Mississauga.
Once your company registers online for Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge, the rest is up to you and your team! There will be incentives for fund and food raising milestones, and the more funds and food you raise for your hungry neighbours, the closer you’ll get to the top prize.
Who does the Corporate Challenge benefit?
We see higher prices everywhere, from fueling up at the pumps to filling up grocery carts, and 46% of food bank users in Mississauga have gone into debt to buy food. For neighbours already living paycheque to paycheque, the rising cost of living means they will have to choose between buying food and paying for other necessities.
Mississauga, we need you more than ever this holiday season.
The Mississauga Food Bank works with its network of over 50 agencies, including local food banks, pantries, and meal and snack programs, to distribute food for over 5 million meals each year to vulnerable children, seniors, families, and other neighbours in our community.
By participating in the Corporate Challenge, you’ll ensure our hungry neighbours get the healthy and appropriate food they need this holiday season and beyond.
November 11: Online registration for Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge opens
November 18: Launch event
January 3: Deadline to schedule food drive pickup with The Mississauga Food Bank
January 12: Final business day of the campaign
Week of January 16: Closing of the campaign
Once you register, your company’s name will be displayed on the Corporate Challenge web page, along with a link to your company’s personalized donation page. In addition to creating an opportunity for your staff to give back to the community, there are a number of benefits your team will receive for every fundraising milestone you reach. At minimum, your company will receive an acknowledgement letter from The Mississauga Food Bank for all funds and/or food raised.
Milestone 1: Your company raises $5,000 – $9,999 (or 2,500 to 4,999 pounds of food)
- An engaging, team-building volunteer opportunity at The Mississauga Food Bank’s
warehouse (shifts are generally 3 hours long, availability of dates may vary, and COVID-safety measures are in place).
- A personalized video message from Meghan Nicholls, CEO of The Mississauga Food Bank, thanking you for your participation.
- A certificate of appreciation from the office of Mayor Bonnie Crombie.
Milestone 2: Your company raises $10,000 to $19,999 (or 5,000 to 9,999 pounds of food)
- A cheque presentation photo opportunity with the Mayor of Mississauga, Bonnie Crombie and Meghan Nicholls, CEO, along with an appreciation certificate from Mayor Bonnie Crombie.
- Photo of cheque presentation posted on social media from Mayor Crombie and The
Mississauga Food Bank team.
- Recognition in the Mayor’s post-campaign e-newsletter
Milestone 3: Your company raises $20,000 or more (or 10,000+ pounds of food)
- Mayor Crombie will visit your company to present a certificate, do a cheque presentation, and a “meet and greet” with staff.
- Invitation to Mayor Bonnie Crombie’s 2022 Holiday Food Drive campaign wrap-up.
Top Performer: Your company raises the largest amount of meals collectively as a corporation compared to any other corporate teams
- Your company will be publicly acknowledged at the wrap event and will be noted in our final press release as the top fundraiser.
- Mayor Crombie will visit your company for a “meet and greet“; and will present your company with the Mayor’s Food Drive Corporate Award.
- Invitation to the 2022 Holiday Food Drive campaign wrap-up event.
- Mayor Crombie will present an award with your company’s name to recognize you as the highest contributor to the campaign.
Please note: for all of the milestones noted above, The Mississauga Food Bank may modify benefits based on the landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic.
For information on donation receipts, please visit:
For more information, and resources, please contact Sukaina Sumar-Ebrahim at 905.270.5589 ext. 245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Create Your Own Fundraising Page
An easy and meaningful way to give back this season!
Follow these simple steps to get started:
- Register to become an individual fundraiser, a team captain, or a member of an existing team.
- Customize your fundraising page by setting a goal and by adding photos, videos, personalized messages, and more.
- Invite your community to donate and raise funds in support of The Mississauga Food Bank!
- Reach your goal and thank your friends, family, and/or co-workers for helping you feed hungry neighbours.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 905.270.5589 or email@example.com.
- Mayor Crombie’s Holiday Food Drive poster
- Corporate Challenge poster
- Local Food Drive poster
- Urgently Needed Items
- Most Needed Food Items
- Most Needed Items
For more information on how to organize your own food drive in support of Mayor Crombie’s Holiday Food Drive, visit our resources page.