September 14 – October 17, 2021
This Thanksgiving, be the reason why everyone has access to healthy food. Join us for Mayor Crombie’s 2021 Thanksgiving Food Drive and together we can raise $400,000 and 200,000 pounds of food this Thanksgiving!
This year, more than any other year, is a time to reflect and give thanks for making it through one of the toughest years together as a community. In the last year, over 25,800 hungry neighbours visited a food bank – over 6,800 for the first time.
Gather your team and join Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge to raise food and funds for neighbours in need this Thanksgiving! For every dollar donated, The Mississauga Food Bank will be able to provide nutritious and appropriate food for 2 meals for a hungry neighbour in need through our network of over 50 agencies and our Food Bank 2 Home program.
What is the Corporate Challenge?
Mayor Crombie would like to invite you to participate in her annual citywide Thanksgiving food drive in support of The Mississauga Food Bank!
Mississauga based companies participating in Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge will compete against each other to raise the most funds and/or food for The Mississauga Food Bank. Gather your team and staff for this terrific opportunity to give back in a meaningful, engaging way and feed hungry children, seniors, families, and neighbours in Mississauga.
Once your company registers online for Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge, the rest is up to you and your team! There will be incentives for fund and foodraising milestones, and the more funds and food you raise for your hungry neighbours, the closer you’ll get to the top prize.
Who does the Corporate Challenge benefit?
The Mississauga Food Bank has seen tremendous growth and demand for service throughout the COVID-19 pandemic including doubling the amount of food given out.
Mississauga, we need you more than ever this Thanksgiving season.
The Mississauga Food Bank works with its network of over 50 agencies including local food banks, pantries, meal and snack programs, to distribute food for almost 5 million meals each year to vulnerable children, seniors, families, and other neighbours in our community.
By participating in the Corporate Challenge, you’ll ensure our hungry neighbours get the healthy and appropriate food they need this Thanksgiving.
September 1: Online registration for Mayor Crombie’s Corporate Challenge opens
September 14: Corporate Challenge Kick-Off (Following Campaign Launch at a fire station)
October 11: Deadline to schedule Food Drive pickup with The Mississauga Food Bank.
October 15: Final Business Day of Campaign.
Week of October 18: Campaign Wrap Event/Results Announcement.
Please note: for all of the milestones noted below, The Mississauga Food Bank may have to adjust the benefits based on the current landscape of the COVID-19 pandemic.
On top of giving your staff team an engaging opportunity to give back to your community, there are a number of benefits your team will receive for every fundraising milestone you reach.
Milestone 1: Your company raises $2,500 – $4,999 (or or 1,500 to 2,499 pounds of food)
- An engaging, team-building volunteer opportunity at The Mississauga Food Bank’s warehouse (shifts are generally 3 hours long, availability of dates may vary, COVID-safety measures are in place).
- A personalized video message from Meghan Nicholls, CEO of The Mississauga Food Bank, thanking you for your participation.
- A participation certificate from the office of Mayor Bonnie Crombie.
Milestone 2: Your company raises $5,000 – $9,999 (or 2,500 to 3,999 pounds of food)
- A cheque presentation photo opportunity with Mayor Crombie and Meghan Nicholls, CEO of The Mississauga Food Bank. (Times/dates to be confirmed)
- Acknowledgment on social media from The Mississauga Food Bank and Mayor Crombie.
- Recognition in the Mayor’s post-campaign e-newsletter.
Milestone 3: Your company raises $10,000 or more (or 4,000+ pounds of food)
- Mayor Crombie will visit your company to present a certificate, do a cheque presentation, and a “Meet & Greet” with staff. (Times/dates to be confirmed)
- Invitation to Mayor Bonnie Crombie’s 2021 Thanksgiving Food Drive campaign wrap up.
Top Performer: Your company raises the largest amount of meals collectively as a corporation compared to any other corporate teams.
- Your company will be publicly acknowledged at the wrap event and will be noted in our final press release.
- Mayor Crombie will visit your company for a “Meet and Greet” and will present your company with the Mayor’s Food Drive Corporate Award. (Times/dates to be confirmed)
For more information, resources, please contact Kimberley Souliere, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 905-270-5589 ext. 234.
Organize a Fundraiser or Food Drive
- Fundraisers and Food Drives are limited only by your imagination – garage sales, scavenger hunts, charity dinners…almost anything!
- Feel free to use your own ideas, or take a look at some of our ideas.
- Consider this easy, online way to fundraise! Cash donations are easier to manage than heavy cans and boxes, and they help us deliver donated food to neighbours who need it!
- Contact us to discuss how we can set you up with an online giving page for your fundraiser.
- Curbside Food Drive Guide
- Mayor Crombie’s Thanksgiving Food Drive poster
- Local food drive poster
- School Challenge poster
- Corporate Challenge poster
- Community Challenge poster
- Most needed food for Thanksgiving poster
- Most needed items for Thanksgiving poster
- Urgently needed items
For more information on how to organize your own food drive or fundraiser in support of Mayor Crombie’s Thanksgiving Food Drive, visit our resources page.