About the role
- Review client information including their food needs and allergies.
- Lead 2 volunteer packers and provide them with clear direction and support.
- Prepare food bags, including labeling each bag with the client name.
- Inquire with warehouse staff about available frozen and fresh produce and once instructed add to the food bags (produce can be added directly to the order, while frozen meat should remain in the freezer until delivery).
- Place the cupboard food order each Monday using an online order form (password will be provided).
- Welcome volunteer drivers and assist them with loading their cars.
- 18 years or older, with a mature and positive attitude.
- Ability to lead others.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Experience handling or knowledge of, various food products considered an asset.
- Able to lift 10-30 pounds.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Health and Safety
- Due to health and safety regulations, volunteers are not permitted to use equipment.
- Closed-toed shoes must be worn at all times.
- Earphones are not permitted in warehouse.
- Phone calls are permitted in the volunteer lounge only.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!