About the role
Sort food for hungry neighbours on behalf of The Mississauga Food Bank. Build valuable experience and develop leadership and communication skills while making a difference in your community.
- Sort and pack food donations according to best before dates, package integrity, and food type.
- Build, pack, label, scan, and stack food boxes, and recycle packaging materials, bale cardboard, etc.
- Clean up the food sorting area with fellow volunteers at the end of the shift.
- To volunteer without an accompanying adult, you must be 16 years or older.
- Able to manually lift 20-40 lbs.
- Able to stand for 2-4 hours.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes such as boots or running shoes.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!