About the role
- Maintain a neat and tidy reception area.
- Welcome clients and visitors with professionalism.
- Handle incoming calls and emails, prioritize and route them appropriately including contacts from those looking for emergency food support.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Complete general admin tasks when needed such as preparing mailings or entering survey data.
- 18 years or older, with a mature and positive attitude.
- Able to manually lift 20-40 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Able to follow the directions of the Warehouse Operations Volunteer Lead and communicate instructions clearly.
- Caring and committed, with a demonstrated passion to further The Mississauga Food Bank’s mission.
- Previous public speaking or leadership experience is an asset.
- Experience handling, or knowledge of, various food products is an asset.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!