About the role
- Work as part of a team to assess quality control, and sort and record food items. This will involve checking food quality, ‘Use By’ and ‘Best Before’ dates, categorizing, and recording of food.
- Work as part of a team to pick and pack food orders for community agencies.
- Ensure the required activities have been completed on the cleaning schedule at the end of each shift.
- Help with order picking, loading, and unloading the trucks.
- Pick agency orders in advance of shipping/pick up deadline, ensuring orders are stored properly until shipped.
- Inspect orders just prior to shipping/ pick up to ensure product quality, proper skid stacking/wrapping, and obtain a secondary final inspection before releasing.
- Immediately report all unsafe situations, practices, and or equipment to Warehouse Operator.
- An interest in / understanding of a variety of food products is helpful.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills are essential to this role.
- Must be physically fit and aware of own ability especially when lifting and loading.
- Ability to manually lift up to 50 lbs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment, and to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills, with proven ability to self-supervise, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!