About the role
Support the Programs and Operations team by working as resource navigators to assist clients in accessing services and support systems.
- Use the Prosper Plan tool to identify client’s needs.
- Conduct tailored research to help clients find quality community resources that address the areas of need they have identified.
- Provide regular check-in phone calls to ensure that resources are helpful.
- Be a key resource for your group of clients to access when they are having trouble connecting with their community resources.
- Support each client you are paired with for a minimum of 3 months.
- Contribute resources to a shared bank of solutions that can be accessed by the wider community.
- A degree or working towards achieving a related degree or diploma in health or social services is a strong asset.
- Experience working with diverse and/or vulnerable populations is an asset.
- Ability to engage participants in a professional manner and maintain appropriate working relationships.
- Understanding of poverty and food insecurity issues.
- Knowledge of local community, mental health services and other resources, including formal and informal supports is an asset.
- Excellent computer and telephone research skills to find quality community resources for clients.
- Knowledge of crisis support and management.
- Ability to prioritize needs and organize work efficiently, with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible, self-directed, self-reflective and supportive.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in the English language.
- Proficiency in documentation and reporting.
- Proficiency in typing and computer skills, including using virtual meeting platforms (Google Meet, Zoom, and others).
- An additional language will be an asset (Arabic, Spanish, Urdu, Punjabi, Tamil, Polish or another language).
- Must have access to a personal computer and phone.
- Must have personal internet access.
- Training relevant to the role will be provided virtually.
- Gain experience and insight into poverty and hunger issues in Mississauga.
- Make positive impact in the lives of others through practical goal setting.
- Participate in vital research to obtain a clear understanding of poverty issues.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for training, onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!