About the role
Assist The Mississauga Food Bank in coordinating food deliveries to homebound neighbours who experience mobility barriers that hinder or prevent them from accessing their neighbourhood food bank.
- Email information and delivery schedule to volunteer drivers for their daily deliveries.
- Follow up on new registrations, confirm food bank client information, complete order forms, and ensure new clients are aware of the guidelines of the program.
- Call Food Bank 2 Home clients to confirm their upcoming delivery.
- Ensure Food Bank 2 Home materials are always up to date.
- Follow up with missed deliveries or any delivery issues.
- Notifies packing leaders about any delivery cancellations.
- Enters all deliveries into the Link2Feed food bank user attendance system.
- Email additional driver shifts to the Volunteer Coordinator as needed.
- Mature and positive attitude.
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- Excellent phone etiquette while being compassionate.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Punctual and dependable with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to use Google suite and CRM database.
- Familiar with Mississauga streets and neighbourhoods.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Previous administrative and/or leadership experience is considered an asset.
- Covid 19 vaccine required.
- Take a leadership role in coordinating food deliveries to hungry neighbours on behalf of The Mississauga Food Bank.
- Build valuable experience and develop your social service skills while making a difference in your community.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for training, onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!