About the role
- Participate in a 1.5-hour training/orientation session.
- Arrive on time at The Mississauga Food Bank warehouse to pick up your deliveries.
- Load up your vehicle with pre-packed food orders and review your scheduled route.
- Deliver food to clients’ homes.
- Complete your deliveries during your scheduled hours.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must possess and provide proof of valid driver’s license.
- Access to a vehicle with valid insurance and must abide by all road safety rules.
- Provide a mandatory Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Dependable and committed, with attention to detail and a willingness to be flexible.
- Possess a working cell phone.
- Ability to lift 20-40 pounds.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to show respect for privacy and dignity for those seeking emergency food support.
- Punctual, highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team with a positive attitude.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
- Important Consideration: Reimbursement for mileage travelled will not be provided.
One two-hour shift each week at one or more of the following days/times: Monday, Tuesday or Thursday 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. OR Wednesday 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
6 months to 1 year.
Start at The Mississauga Food Bank (3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga) and drive to various locations on your designated delivery route.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!