About the role
- Prepare food orders according to unique client order forms and label each bag of food accurately for each client.
- Support the lead packer volunteer abd other packer volunteers as needed.
- Welcome volunteer drivers and assist them with loading food deliveries into their cars.
- Ability to move and/or lift for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to lift 10-20 pounds.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Experience handling or knowledge of various food products considered an asset.
Monday or Tuesday 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. OR Wednesday 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. OR Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The Mississauga Food Bank, 4544 Eastgate Parkway, Mississauga ON, L4W 3W6
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Programs Specialist will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Programs Specialist will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Better Impact platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!