About the role
- Review client information including their dietary preferences and needs, and allergies and/or restrictions.
- Support other packer volunteers as needed.
- Prepare and pack food orders.
- Inquire with warehouse staff about available frozen and fresh produce and once instructed, add to the food bags following safe food handling protocols.
- Use an online order form to facilitate each order.
- Welcome volunteer drivers and assist them with loading food deliveries into their cars.
- 18 years or older, with a mature and positive attitude.
- Ability to lift 10-30 pounds.
- Ability to lead others.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Punctual and dependable.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with a demonstrated ability to problem-solve and adapt in a fast-paced, high-pressure warehouse environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Experience or knowledge of handling various food products considered an asset.
- Important Consideration: For those with food allergies, please be advised you will be potentially exposed to all types of food.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!