About the role
Sort food for hungry neighbours on behalf of The Mississauga Food Bank. Build valuable experience and develop leadership and communication skills while making a difference in your community.
- Assist with hosting corporate groups.
- Provide orientation to new volunteers on a one-on-one basis.
- Follow directions from Warehouse Operations Volunteer Lead.
- Ensure new volunteers become aware of The Mississauga Food Bank’s health and safety policies.
- Introduce the Best Before Date board and food packaging procedures.
- Support and organize volunteers effectively according to tasks and quantities of food.
- Maintain cleanliness of the sorting and storage areas.
- 18 years or older, with a mature and positive attitude.
- Able to manually lift 20-40 lbs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
- Able to follow the directions of the Warehouse Operations Volunteer Lead and communicate instructions clearly.
- Caring and committed, with a demonstrated passion to further The Mississauga Food Bank’s mission.
- Previous public speaking or leadership experience is an asset.
- Experience handling, or knowledge of, various food products is an asset.
- Important Consideration: For those with food allergies, please be advised you will be potentially exposed to all types of food.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!