About the role
Sort food for hungry neighbours on behalf of The Mississauga Food Bank. Build valuable experience and develop leadership and communication skills while making a difference in your community.
- Sort and pack food donations according to best before dates, package integrity, and food type.
- Build, pack, label, scan, and stack food boxes, and recycle packaging materials, bale cardboard, etc.
- Clean up the food sorting area with fellow volunteers at the end of the shift.
- Children who want to volunteer, must be 9 years old and be accompanied by an adult.
- To volunteer without an accompanying adult, you must be 16 years or older.
- Able to manually lift 20-40 lbs.
- Able to stand for 2-4 hours.
- Volunteers must wear closed-toe shoes such as boots or running shoes.
- Important Consideration: For those with food allergies, please be advised you will be potentially exposed to all types of food.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Our Application Process
Visit our volunteer calendar to find a food sorting shift.
Once you find a shift that works with your schedule, follow the prompts to sign-up.
If you are confirmed for the shift, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for training, onboarding and more.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!