About the role
- Learn fresh and frozen food quality guidelines.
- Clean and disinfect work area prior to sorting food.
- Perform routine quality checks of fresh and frozen food.
- Separate good product from the product that needs to be composted.
- Maintain cleanliness of the sorting and storage areas on a frequent basis.
- Follow all directions of warehouse staff.
- 18 years or older, with a mature and positive attitude.
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Experience or knowledge of handling food products considered an asset.
- Important Consideration: For those with food allergies, please be advised you will be potentially exposed to all types of food.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!