About the role
Assist The Mississauga Food Bank with timely delivery and pick up of food to agencies and partners on specific routes, review orders prior to delivery, load and unload the truck, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Conduct inspections of vehicles before departing to deliver goods.
- Pack and load products onto trucks according to The Mississauga Food Bank’s specifications.
- Pick up/deliver donations throughout Mississauga. Pickups may include donations from grocery stores, fire stations, schools, corporate food drives, shipping docks, etc.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Warehouse Manager.
- Unload the food you've picked up at The Mississauga Food Bank warehouse.
- Report all unsafe situations, practices, and/or equipment to the Warehouse Manager.
- 18 years or older and able to manually lift up to 50+ pounds.
- G license.
- 3+ years of experience driving a 15 ft truck.
- Provide a clean driver’s abstract.
- Provide a resume.
- Complete a driving test with one of The Mississauga Food Bank trucks.
- A walkie rider Low Lift safety certification considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Experience or knowledge of handling various food products considered an asset.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for training, onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!