About the role
A Vote Pop-Up uses a mock voting station to engage with community members about the electoral process. It is a fun opportunity for first-time and infrequent voters to walk through the steps of the voting process, learn about their specific polling place information, and reflect on why they think voting is important.
- Set up the Vote Pop-Up station (folding table, chairs, paper & cardboard event materials).
- Encourage food bank clients to participate and learn about voting with the aid of event materials.
- Guide participants through a simulated voting process to familiarize them with what to expect while voting in the municipal election.
- Explain and help clients find answers to questions about how, when and where to vote using the resources provided to you.
- Break down and pack up the Vote Pop-Up station at the end of the event.
- Work alongside 1-2 other volunteers during the event.
- Outgoing personality – warm, friendly, and engaging.
- Able to lift 20-40 lbs.
- Able to stand for 3 hours.
- Enthusiastic about and/or eager to learn about the voting process.
- Passionate about taking part in civic engagement and education.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
- Play an integral role in helping The Mississauga Food Bank achieve its fundraising goals in order to serve neighbours in need.
- Gain experience and insight into poverty and hunger issues in Mississauga.
- Build valuable, hands-on experience and transferable skills as a valued volunteer team member.
- Develop leadership, communication, customer service, organization, and teamwork skills.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for training, onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!