About the role
Help The Mississauga Food Bank in daily warehouse operations, including, but not limited to: shipping/receiving, order picking, and general housekeeping and maintenance.
- Greet and assist food donors who come to the warehouse to drop off food donations.
- Weigh all outgoing orders and incoming product donations and purchases and ensure entry into the inventory system.
- Ensure all areas of the warehouse are free of debris, and hazards, and cleaned on a frequent basis. At the end of each day, return all equipment to designated areas and ensure proper recharging procedures.
- Handle and store incoming products according to Health Canada’s food safety and handling regulations (including disposal or quarantine if necessary).
- Adhere to warehouse SOPs and individual checklists including receiving, safe food handling, cold chain, food sortation, waste management, warehouse cleaning, pest management, order picking.
- Properly use the inventory system, and track all shipping and receiving activities appropriately.
- Pick agency orders in advance of shipping/pick up deadline, ensuring orders are stored properly until shipped.
- Work with driver(s) and driver assistant(s) to load and unload trucks.
- Report all unsafe situations, practices, and equipment to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- 18 years or older and able to manually lift up to 50 lbs.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills as well as ability to follow procedures.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Experience working in a warehouse will be an asset.
- Forklift/Raymond Reach/Motorized pallet mover license/certifications will be an asset.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
- Build valuable experience and develop your food knowledge and organizational skills while making a difference in your community.
One 3-hour shift/week(Monday to Friday) minimum from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
3 - 6 months.
The Mississauga Food Bank office. 3121 Universal Drive, Mississauga, ON.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for training, onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!