About the role
Assists the operations department with warehouse daily cleaning and housekeeping. The volunteer is responsible for supplementing general warehouse cleaning. Tasks include sweeping, washing, and dusting the warehouse.
Volunteers in this position must be flexible and not afraid of getting dirty.
- Dust non-operating machinery.
- Dust partitions and walls.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Wipe down upright racking.
- Empty trash bins.
- Clean and sanitize production tables and stools.
- Run cardboard compactor.
- Other light cleaning duties as needed.
- Report all unsafe situations, practices, and equipment to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 18 years or older.
- Able to manually lift up to 50 pounds.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills as well as the ability to follow procedures.
- Attention to detail and excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team with a positive attitude.
- Experience working in a warehouse will be an asset.
- Ability to lift, bend, stretch and crouch when cleaning.
- Experience using an industrial floor scrubber will be an asset.
- Must wear appropriate clothing for cleaning.
- Covid-19 Vaccine required.
- Optimize The Mississauga Food Bank’s warehouse operations.
- Build valuable warehouse experience.
Our Application Process
Complete and submit the application form above.
Our Volunteer Coordinator will contact you to chat further about the role and your availability.
If you are confirmed for a role, our Volunteer Coordinator will provide details for onboarding and how to create your account in our Volunteer Hub platform.
If this volunteer role sounds like the right fit for you, apply now!
More Volunteer Opportunities
If you would like to see other available volunteer opportunities, please click below!